Solar Plate Day
|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
|When/how often?||Sunday 2nd April 10.00am - 4.00pm.|
|Who's teaching the course?||Nick Mobbs|
- A simple process that captures very fine detail producing beautiful prints from photographic or drawn imagery.
- This photo-etching process uses photopolymer plates that are developed and etched in water.
- Learn how to apply your design by exposing and developing the plate.
- Ink up your plate and make a short edition.
£70 / £63 concessions
About the Tutor – Nick Mobbs
Nick Mobbs is an East Midlands based artist whose practice combines photography and printmaking. He studied Fine Art Printmaking at the Royal College of Art and now teaches Fine Art at the University of Nottingham and Printmaking at De Montfort University in Leicester.
- Introduction to LPW and the course.
- What is a Solar Plate? Principles of the process and examples.
- Preparing artwork for the process.
- Exposing and developing the plate. Demonstration and hands on practice.
- Printing. Demonstration and hands on practice.
- What is a halftone? Demonstration of applying a halftone in Photoshop.
- Self-directed work.
- Clean up and close of course.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 251 4174 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.