One day Intro to Screenprinting
|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
Monday 15th September 10.00am – 5.00pm.
Or Monday 10th November 10.00am – 5.00pm.
|Who's teaching the course?||Nichola Hingley|
This one day intensive day course will introduce you to this popular technique. You will learn how to put an image onto a screen and mix inks, before printing onto paper. This course covers photographic and painterly silkscreen techniques. After attending this course you will have a basic knowledge of silkscreen printing and the confidence to develop further.
Cost: £100 / £90 concessions
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to course
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: How to prepare your screens correctly, mixing inks, learning to use the squeegee, with tips provided.
- Demo: A variety of screen printing techniques including paper stencils, colour blend, drawing and painting onto the screen.
- Demo: How to expose a screen
- Clean up and close of course
About the Tutor: Nichola Hingley
Nichola completed her BA Fine Art Printmaking degree at Manchester Metropolitan University (2005) and a PGCE Postgraduate Teacher Training at Nottingham Trent University (2011). Based in Nottingham, Nichola is Leicester Print Workshops part-time Studio Manager. Nichola’s specialist areas are monoprinting and screenprinting, but she enjoys teaching the variety of techniques printmaking has to offer.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 2553634 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.