|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
|When/how often?||Saturday 20th and Sunday 21st September 10.00am - 4.00pm.|
|Who's teaching the course?||Serena Smith|
This weekend workshop will introduce participants to the various techniques of lithography. The course will include drawing and printing directly from stone, working on transfer paper, and a basic introduction to photo-plate lithography.
The course is suitable for artists new to the process, printmakers wishing to refresh their skills in the medium, or curators and collectors wishing to learn more about how artists’ lithographs are produced.
Cost: £110 / £99 concessions
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to weekend
- Stone Lithography: an introduction to the process and drawing directly on to stone.
- Photo-lithography: drawing on to grained draughting film in preparation for making a photo-litho plate.
- Photo-lithography: platemaking – demonstration and making plates. Printing plates.
- Processing of drawn work on stone – the first etch.
- Processing of drawn work on stone – the second etch.
- Printing photo-litho plates cont.
- Looking at stone preparation.
- Printing of lithographic stones.
About the Tutor: Serena Smith
Serena Smith is an artist and printmaker. Following initial study in Fine Art she worked at the Curwen Studio for twelve years where she trained as a studio lithographer and produced work collaboratively for many artists. Her work now includes a range of educational, technical and collaborative projects alongside her own studio practice. Serena’s work on paper is regularly exhibited in the East Midlands and further afield.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 2553634 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.