|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
|When/how often?||Saturday 14th March 10.00am - 4.00pm.|
|Who's teaching the course?||Peter Clayton|
Discover the versatility of this popular relief print technique. This course will introduce the basic skills of linocut from designing your image to cutting your block and printing. In addition you will have the opportunity to experiment with mark making, colour and collage.
A perfect course for beginners or those wishing to refresh their skills.
Cost: £75 / £67.50 concessions
- Introduction to LPW and the course.
- A look at some examples of lino prints and advice on designing an image.
- Demo: Transferring an image to lino and cutting the image
- The creation of your lino block.
- Demo: Printing the lino block
- Experiment with printing lino block during afternoon
- Cleaning up and close of course
About the Tutor: Peter Clayton
Peter Clayton was brought up in rural Lancashire and studied Fine Art at Preston Polytechnic in Lancaster. He moved to Leicester in the 1980s. Alongside his art practice he teaches part-time at the University of Leicester’s Embrace Arts Centre, the Fosse Arts Centre and at a number of other colleges and art centres here in Leicester. He is a member of Leicester Print Workshop and Leicester Society of Artists.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 2553634 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.