Introduction to Screenprint
|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
Saturday 30th and Sunday 31st August 10.00am - 4.00pm.
Or Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November 10.00am - 4.00pm.
|Who's teaching the course?||Gemma Wright|
A two day course for those that want to learn screen printing onto paper. This weekend course introduces the main principles of the technique. You will learn how to transfer an image to a silkscreen and print onto paper, in addition to exploring layering, colour, registration and stencils. This course is ideal for beginners or those wishing to refresh their skills.
Cost: £130 / £117 concessions
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to the weekend
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: Introduction into the types of imagery that can be used in screenprinting
- Opportunity to discuss images and ideas with tutor
- Demo: How to put your image onto the screen
- Demo: How to print
- Printing imagery and troubleshooting
Sunday (am + pm)
- Demo: Using paper stencils to create block colour
- Print and experiment for remainder of day
- Clean up and close of weekend
About the Tutor: Gemma Wright
Gemma Wright is a fine art printmaker based in Bristol and Leicester. Working largely in silkscreen she produces prints that are then transformed into modular sculptural pieces and animations. She completed an MA in Multi-Disciplinary Printmaking at the University of the West of England (2012) and studied BA (Hons) Fine Art at Coventry University (2005). She currently works as the Education and Programme Manager for Leicester Print Workshop and is one half of the Bristol based collaborative project Artist meets Curator.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 2553634 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.