Introduction to Screenprint
|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
Saturday 15th and Sunday 16th November 10.00am - 4.00pm.
Or Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th March 10.00am - 4.00pm.
Or Saturday 27th and Sunday 28th June 10.00am - 4.00pm.
|Who's teaching the course?||Nick Mobbs|
A two day course for those that want to learn screen printing onto paper. This weekend course introduces the main principles of the technique. You will learn how to transfer an image to a silkscreen and print onto paper, in addition to exploring layering, colour, registration and stencils. This course is ideal for beginners or those wishing to refresh their skills.
Cost: £130 / £117 concessions
- Welcome to LPW and introduction to the weekend
- Demo: How to coat a screen
- Demo: Introduction into the types of imagery that can be used in screenprinting
- Opportunity to discuss images and ideas with tutor
- Demo: How to put your image onto the screen
- Demo: How to print
- Printing imagery and troubleshooting
Sunday (am + pm)
- Demo: Using paper stencils to create block colour
- Print and experiment for remainder of day
- Clean up and close of weekend
About the Tutor – Nick Mobbs
Nick Mobbs is an East Midlands based artist whose practice combines photography and printmaking. He studied Fine Art Printmaking at the Royal College of Art and now teaches Fine Art at the University of Nottingham and Printmaking at De Montfort University in Leicester.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 2553634 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.