Collagraph Day Course
|Where?||Leicester Print Workshop|
|When/how often?||Saturday 20th May 10.00am - 4.00pm.|
|Who's teaching the course?||Michelle Keegan|
- Working with a number of plates you will explore mark marking and line in this highly versatile process.
- Learn how to build up layers of tone and line on a mount board plate.
- Explore multi plate and multi colour printing resulting in a more complex approach to collagraph.
- You will also learn chine collé techniques and composition and registration tricks.
£70 / £63 concessions
- Demo: Mark making and line cutting on mount board safely
- Production of multiple plates leading to demonstrations of inking process
- Demo: Registration
- Demo: How to set and use a press
- Discussion around ink types and paper
- Production of multiple prints
- Clean and tidy up
About the Tutor
Michelle Keegan studied Fine Art at the Kent Institute of Art and Design, graduating with first class honours. She specialised in printmaking immediately, having been intrigued by the possibilities of process, and exploring unknown ways of making marks. Michelle continued her post graduate education at the Slade School of Fine Art.She has made prints and exhibited widely for the past 20 years, she is course leader for the Foundation Degree in Fine Art Practice at Central College Nottingham and tutor for printmaking at Open College of Arts. Michelle is also a guest tutor at numerous Print Workshops.
Booking your place
To book yourself onto a course, please call 0116 251 4174 or fill out the form below. Please note that, in order to receive a refund, cancellations must be made at least 10 days prior to the event.