27th May 2017
Over the coming weeks we have a whole range of no cost/low cost activities and events for you to take part in. We look forward to seeing you.
- Until 8 July we are hosting the Society of Wood Engravers Annual Exhibition – over 100 exquisite wood engravings by the country’s best printmakers. This is free to view, call in during our opening hours, 10am – 5pm Tuesday to Saturday and 10am – 8pm on Wednesday.
- Saturday 27 May & Sunday 28 May – The Spark Arts Children’s Festival, City Playground, free printmaking activities in the studio, 1pm – 5pm
- Tuesday 30 May – Half Term Tuesday, free printmaking drop in, 10.30am – 1pm
- Saturday 3 June & Sunday 4 June – Printing Parks at Riverside Festival, join us in Castle Gardens for a free park printmaking session, help us make large collaborative prints, perfect for all ages. midday to 5pm both days.
- Monday 5 June, Kibworth Book Festival reception, join us for a drink and a special pop up stall with books celebrating printmaking and art, in the midst of our Society of Wood Engravers show. 4.30pm – 6.30pm.
- Wednesday 21 June – Elaine Pantling presents a talk about Leicester Suffragette, Alice Hawkins, ‘In her Shoes’, 6pm – 7.30. This is part of a wider project LPW artists are doing with Elaine to celebrate Alice’s contribution in the lead up to the 2018 centenary of women being granted the right to vote.
- Over in Kettering at the Alfred East Gallery, our touring exhibition Small Print International opens today, 27 May and runs until July 22. 150 mini prints showcasing a wide range of contemporary printmaking processes.
- Meanwhile in the LCB Depot Print Room we are exhibiting a selection of Small Prints made by LPW members until 11 August.